Without merchandise management and a missing CRM, the success of an online store increases not only the administrative effort, but also the susceptibility to errors in the processing of customer orders.
With a larger range of articles and increasing sales figures, the number of business transactions increases significantly, which usually makes it much more difficult to keep track of the complete flow of goods. Especially when different systems are used for processing the individual business transactions. Sooner or later, errors are bound to occur. As a result, your customers will become more dissatisfied and may sooner or later buy from the competition. No store owner wants that.
What is an enterprise resource planning system or also called ERP?
A merchandise management system (WAWI) / ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) helps to precisely control the flow of goods and communication with the customer. Furthermore, the system supports the provision and collection of customer and goods-related data, as well as the creation of statistics and inventory data. It can be said that WAWI is the interface of purchasing and sales, as well as warehouse and financial accounting.
What are the advantages of an all-in-one solution compared to a linked ERP and online store solution?
- The communication path from the frontend and backend are directly interlocked with one system, e.g. for request forms or the customer data that is entered via the ordering process.
- a significant saving in the preparation of quotations, orders and invoices
- through an enterprise resource planning system, the inventory management, even several warehouses are easily managed with one system
- Real-time analysis from WAWI of sales, marketing and merchandise activities
- The assortment can be optimally adjusted to customer needs in a timely manner through integrated evaluation
- Direct management of inventories and individual price lists directly from the merchandise management system on marketplaces such as ebay, Idealo and amazon.
-> Margins can thus be adjusted directly to the corresponding platforms
- Shipping can be automated to the greatest possible extent by setting up the merchandise management system in such a way that, in addition to the delivery bill and the invoice, the shipping labels of the respective parcel delivery service are printed out at the same time via the label printer.
- DATEV Export
- The payment provider in the system, for Odoo it is Stripe, can easily and immediately reconcile the payment behavior of customers with financial accounting.
- Communication can be perfectly centralized through the direct use of the internal CRM (by the way, Odoo CRM is one of the top 10 in the world in this regard).
It does not matter whether it is a query about a complaint, a new order, a service order or a question about a payment. With the help of the CRM control system, each customer inquiry is directed to exactly the right department.
- Know exactly where the order stands
- Interfaces to suppliers at a central location. The WAWI can also be considered PIM here.
- Only 1 system that needs to be backed up.
- After logging in, the store recognizes the preferred payment options of regular customers and immediately passes the information on to your merchandise management system.
- Accurate tracking of the delivery route
- Financial accounting and account assignment take place at a central location and can be exported automatically to e.g. GOBD compliant to a DATEV.
- Automated input tax return
Higher-quality enterprise resource planning systems have an integrated CRM system, which allows you to optimize customer relationship management. The WaWi enables, for example, the control of marketing campaigns or the precise planning of production with the help of so-called planning boards.
by purchasing additional modules if further functions are required
can be expanded at any time.
Shopware, Shopify, Magento, Spriker and BigCommerce are pure store systems and have to be partly adapted to the individual needs of your company on "both" sides. Small solutions like Plentymarket, Lexware and JTL certainly bridge for a certain time. However, if you want to scale professionally with your solution, e.g. across several markets, you should think about using merchandise management systems like Odoo or ERPNext.
You should ensure that the software you select not only meets your business needs, but also provides lasting value in terms of scalability, extensibility, robustness, security, and at affordable prices. Also, please make sure that you consider all of these factors, regardless of which vendor you choose.